The history of the Chiarini family in matters to do with menswear had its beginnings long ago, when in 1894, Grandmother Gennì opened a fabric shop in 1894 which was then taken over by her daughter Norma and son-in-law Otello. Their sons Marco and Andrea grew up surrounded by high-quality fabrics and as soon as they finished their education, they eagerly started to work in the family business. In 1970, the opening of their first clothes shop was an unexpected success.
And so the brand of Eredi Chiarini was born, which then started tailoring jackets, trousers, shirts and suits, to be accessorised with ties, bags, umbrellas, hats and scarves etc. in the Italian or British style. After more than 20 years in Via Roma, in March 2015, the boutique moved to Via Porta Rossa (beside the Loggia del Porcellino) in larger premises with 8 windows facing onto the street. A boutique which has been the “Florentine workshop” for more than one hundred years.