Wool excellence award criteria
1. The award is open to all suppliers of Superfine wool, as long as the wool is grown under paddock conditions.
2. Clip shall be classed to standards set down by the Australian Wool Exchange Code of Practice and shall be classed by a registered Owner Classer or Professional Classer.
3. Only PR declared wool is eligible for the award if coming from a mulesed clip. Properties must have been using a registered Pain Relief product for a minimum of three years to be eligible. Those entrusted by Vitale Barberis Canonico will ensure that all sustainable production criteria are adhered to which may involve asking for relevant documentation to be supplied. In particular, the finalists may be requested to provide a statement declaring the use of a Registered Pain Relief product on relevant mobs.
4. Growers must have completed a National Wool Declaration (NWD) and this must accompany the clip being assessed.
5. All finalists will need to complete the “Sustainability Document” issued by New England Wool, on behalf of its clients. This document will cover all aspects of Animal Welfare and Care for the Environment.
6. Winners of the “wool excellence award” will be ineligible to receive the prize for five (5) years from the date they received their initial award.
Vitale Barberis Canonico® is pleased to offer to recipient of the “Vitale Barberis Canonico Wool Excellence Award” the following:
a) Return Business Class airfares to Italy including exclusive tours of the Vitale Barberis Canonico plants located in the Biella region.
b) A monetary reward equivalent to the full delivered value of the wool purchased from the winning clip by Vitale Barberis Canonico, in the particular year of the Competition.
II. Place – Plaque-Trophy
III. Place – Plaque-Trophy